Astroworld Aftermath Continues: Lawsuits Pour In, Nine-Year-Old in Coma

Astroworld Aftermath Continues: Lawsuits Pour In, Nine-Year-Old in Coma

Over 19 people name Live Nation in a gross negligence lawsuit, some suits choose not to name Scott.
PHOTO CREDIT:

The blowback from the mass casualty event at Travis Scott’s Astroworld shows little sign of slowing down. Video, testimony, and reactions to Travis Scott’s statements have flooded all major social media platforms and new information seems to be publishing every hour in regard to how a mass audience surge led to the deaths of eight people on site.

Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner, and Drake have all released statements expressing the intention to help families in need, as have other members of the Kardashian family.

Rolling Stone reports that yesterday over 19 lawsuits had been filed in regard to the events at Astroworld, all naming Live Nation and most naming Travis Scott.

As previously reported, both Matthew Souza and Kristian Paredes are each seeking at least $1 million from Live Nation. They are joined by Patrick Stennis among what will likely be many others in attendance and are now claiming physical pain, mental trauma, disability, and damages from medical bills and lost wages.

Lawyers Ben Crump and Robert & Alex Hilliard filed two lawsuits for negligence representing 10-15 festival attendees that do not name Travis Scott. They plan to represent more than 100 concertgoers before the weekend. ,” Alex Hilliard told Rolling Stone:

“There will be hundreds of plaintiffs by Friday, if not thousands. I have one client who gave a stranger CPR for an hour before anybody even got to him. Obviously, by the time medical personnel got there, it was too late. He said, ‘I can heal from a broken arm, but I’ll never heal from this.’ This is such a unique, rare and unprecedented case.”

Crump and Hilliard’s practice first took on Illhan Mohamud and Noah Gutierrez as Astroworld clients, seeking at least $1 million for each against Live Nation; ScoreMore Holdings, the festival’s organizer; and Contemporary Services Corporation, the security contractor.

They also represent Dante Deberardino, Patrick Polier, Wasem Abulawi, Marielena Chavez, Priscilla Hernandez, Brianna Garcia, Cortius Broussard, Tobenna Okezie and Tiffany Delgado.

Cristian Guzman filed a separate suit as well yesterday that petitioned for a restraining order, intending to stop Live Nation, NRG Park and the Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation from disposing of any incriminating evidence.

At around noon today, it was reported that the family of Ezra Bount, a nine-year old boy, currently in a coma and who suffered brain, lung, liver, and kidney damage after being knocked from his dad’s soldiers during the crowd surge is suing Travis Scott for $1 million in damages. His grandparents spoke to Rolling Stone magazine:

“During the concert, (Ezra), a 9-year-old minor child, was suddenly forced to watch in terror as several concertgoers were injured and killed as a result of the crowd surge. He himself was kicked, stepped on, and trampled, and nearly crushed to death […] He is currently in an induced coma on life support and has severe liver, kidney and brain damage. To his young, growing body, these injuries will have life-long effects, impairing his quality of life and ability to grow and thrive.”

In other news, more videos have surfaced revealing the baffling safety conditions of the festival.

Some have connected a video posted by @stormmonroetv on Instagram of paramedics dropping an unconscious woman at the festival to 22-year-old Bharti Sharani, who is currently in intensive care.

Seanna Faith, the 22 year old who climbed on stage to notify a cameraman called Scott’s plan to provide a month of mental health services to festivalgoers “almost insulting.”

Read more on the Astroworld disaster here:

Initial Coverage

Monday’s Emerging Details

"
"
-

"
"
-

"
"
-

The blowback from the mass casualty event at Travis Scott’s Astroworld shows little sign of slowing down. Video, testimony, and reactions to Travis Scott’s statements have flooded all major social media platforms and new information seems to be publishing every hour in regard to how a mass audience surge led to the deaths of eight people on site.

Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner, and Drake have all released statements expressing the intention to help families in need, as have other members of the Kardashian family.

Rolling Stone reports that yesterday over 19 lawsuits had been filed in regard to the events at Astroworld, all naming Live Nation and most naming Travis Scott.

As previously reported, both Matthew Souza and Kristian Paredes are each seeking at least $1 million from Live Nation. They are joined by Patrick Stennis among what will likely be many others in attendance and are now claiming physical pain, mental trauma, disability, and damages from medical bills and lost wages.

Lawyers Ben Crump and Robert & Alex Hilliard filed two lawsuits for negligence representing 10-15 festival attendees that do not name Travis Scott. They plan to represent more than 100 concertgoers before the weekend. ,” Alex Hilliard told Rolling Stone:

“There will be hundreds of plaintiffs by Friday, if not thousands. I have one client who gave a stranger CPR for an hour before anybody even got to him. Obviously, by the time medical personnel got there, it was too late. He said, ‘I can heal from a broken arm, but I’ll never heal from this.’ This is such a unique, rare and unprecedented case.”

Crump and Hilliard’s practice first took on Illhan Mohamud and Noah Gutierrez as Astroworld clients, seeking at least $1 million for each against Live Nation; ScoreMore Holdings, the festival’s organizer; and Contemporary Services Corporation, the security contractor.

They also represent Dante Deberardino, Patrick Polier, Wasem Abulawi, Marielena Chavez, Priscilla Hernandez, Brianna Garcia, Cortius Broussard, Tobenna Okezie and Tiffany Delgado.

Cristian Guzman filed a separate suit as well yesterday that petitioned for a restraining order, intending to stop Live Nation, NRG Park and the Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation from disposing of any incriminating evidence.

At around noon today, it was reported that the family of Ezra Bount, a nine-year old boy, currently in a coma and who suffered brain, lung, liver, and kidney damage after being knocked from his dad’s soldiers during the crowd surge is suing Travis Scott for $1 million in damages. His grandparents spoke to Rolling Stone magazine:

“During the concert, (Ezra), a 9-year-old minor child, was suddenly forced to watch in terror as several concertgoers were injured and killed as a result of the crowd surge. He himself was kicked, stepped on, and trampled, and nearly crushed to death […] He is currently in an induced coma on life support and has severe liver, kidney and brain damage. To his young, growing body, these injuries will have life-long effects, impairing his quality of life and ability to grow and thrive.”

In other news, more videos have surfaced revealing the baffling safety conditions of the festival.

Some have connected a video posted by @stormmonroetv on Instagram of paramedics dropping an unconscious woman at the festival to 22-year-old Bharti Sharani, who is currently in intensive care.

Seanna Faith, the 22 year old who climbed on stage to notify a cameraman called Scott’s plan to provide a month of mental health services to festivalgoers “almost insulting.”

Read more on the Astroworld disaster here:

Initial Coverage

Monday’s Emerging Details

-

-

-

More Stories

More Stories